View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 "Money Laundering" Almost Destroyed Oregon Jackpot Ticket 
"Money Laundering" Almost Destroyed Oregon Jackpot Ticket

A routine load of laundry was anything but when it turned out that an $8.4 million Oregon's Game Megabucks ticket had gone through the wash.Get more news about 彩票包网,you can vist nb68.com

Portland resident Scott Moe accidentally tossed his wallet, which contained a number of lottery tickets, in with the dirty clothes. "I washed my wallet and then realized I had lottery tickets in there," he said.

Moe began piecing together his tickets before bed. "A couple of the tickets were destroyed, but not the jackpot ticket," he said. He checked the numbers and realized he'd won the $8.4 million top prize. In an incredible stroke of luck, the winning ticket was the last one he bought and had been shielded from the worst damage by the other tickets in his wallet.By the time Moe discovered his big win, it was midnight. "I didn't sleep until later the next day," he revealed. "My mind was racing!"

Taking no more chances with the safety of his ticket, Moe left it with the Oregon Lottery while he decided whether to claim his prize as a lump sum or an annuity of 30 yearly payments. The Lottery allows players to leave their validated tickets at its office for up to 60 days.

Moe returned after contacting a financial advisor and starting work on a plan for his newfound wealth. He claimed the cash option, which was $2.85 million after taxes.

The ticket was sold at the Buy2 on SW Oleson Road in Portland. No Buy2 store had sold a jackpot-winning ticket before, and they were very excited. "We are very happy to be able to help support such great state programs the Lottery helps to fund," said marketing manager Emily Valentine. Buy2 will be paid a 1 percent bonus of $84,000.

Megabucks is the Oregon Lottery's flagship game and offers a $1 million starting jackpot that keeps rolling until it's won. Draws are held every Monday, Wednesday and Saturday at 7:29 pm PT. There are more than 240 Megabucks millionaires and the game has produced half of the state’s top ten biggest prizes.

Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]