View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 SAN DIEGO -- The Kansas City Royals had to work overtime to 

SAN DIEGO -- The Kansas City Royals had to work overtime to end a season-high, five-game losing streak and get their first win at Petco Park. Alex Gordon singled in the go-ahead run with one out in the 11th inning and pinch-hitter Billy Butler followed with an RBI double to give the Royals a 3-1 victory against the San Diego Padres on Tuesday night. The Royals also got great pitching from starter Jeremy Guthrie and relievers Wade Davis and Greg Holland, who held San Diego to one run on six hits. "We knew that we were 0-7 in this place and we needed to change that," manager Ned Yost said. "Our pitching allowed us to do that tonight. Guthrie, Wade Davis, Holland, were all fantastic. They kept us in position, right there in the ballgame, until we could break it open. It took us 11 innings to do it, but the pitching was tremendous." Eric Hosmer started the winning rally when he hit a leadoff double to centre off Nick Vincent (0-1). Gordon singled to right with one out and Hosmer beat the throw home with a headfirst slide, touching the plate with his left hand. "A long losing streak it seems like, so we just needed something positive to happen there," Gordon said. "I was able to find a hole. It works." Butler then doubled in Gordon. "I think the frustration was kicking in a little bit but hopefully this can motivate us a little bit," Gordon said. Davis (2-1) pitched two innings of one-hit ball for the victory, striking out four. Greg Holland, who blew the save Monday night, pitched the 11th for his eighth save in nine chances. Guthrie went a season-high eight innings, allowing one run and four hits, with two strikeouts and one walk. "He threw strikes, changed speeds and kept the ball down," Yost said. "The air was thick tonight and the ball didnt really carry so that really benefited me and helped me to get deep in the game," Guthrie said. "Overall I dont think I had my best stuff, but the park played to my advantage tonight." The Padres were denied their first three-game winning streak of the season. The teams played extra innings for the second straight night. San Diego won 6-5 in 12 innings Monday night. The Royals had a scoring chance in the ninth against Huston Street. Alcides Escobar singled to centre and stole second and third, all with one out. He tried to score on Lorenzo Cains pop foul down the first-base line but was thrown out by Kyle Blanks to end the inning. "I was surprised the runner was going," catcher Yasmani Grandal said. "Kyle has a very good arm. For him that was an easy catch and throw." Each starter gave up a home run. San Diegos Yasmani Grandal homered for the second straight game, a solo shot to right field off Guthrie with one out in the fourth for a 1-0 lead. It was his fourth, moving him into the team lead. Grandal hit a tying three-run shot in the sixth inning Monday night. Salvador Perez tied it with a homer leading off the sixth off San Diegos Robbie Erlin. It was Perezs third. "I wanted to get it on his hands. But I left it out over the middle of the plate," Erlin said. Erlin got a no-decision after losing his previous four starts. He allowed one run and three hits in seven innings, struck out five and walked four. "My curve felt good," he said. "It felt like my offspeed pitches were what I was on with. I was trying to get a feel for my fastball." NOTES: Vincent gave up three hits in the 11th. He had given up only three hits combined in his last 11 outings. ... Manager Bud Black said the Padres will call up a pitcher on Wednesday because the bullpen has been taxed. ... Black said 3B Chase Headley could be activated from the 15-day disabled list on Saturday. Hes been out with a strained right calf. ... The series concludes Wednesday when Kansas City RHP James Shields (3-3, 3.11) opposes RHP Andrew Cashner (2-4, 2.72). Custom Jacksonville Jaguars Jerseys . Kyrie Irving and the Cleveland Cavaliers were left fretting over an MRI on the stars left knee. Paul George scored 21 points, Roy Hibbert added 19 and the Pacers used a dominant fourth quarter to blow out the Cavaliers 91-76 on Tuesday The Pacers (25-5) have won eight in a row over Cleveland, their longest active streak against any opponent. Nick Foles Jersey . In sunny and almost windless conditions, the Swede shot four consecutive birdies on the front nine on his way to a 68 and went 9 under for a one-shot lead over Englands Lee Slattery and two over Paraguays Farbrizio Zanotti (68). http://www.officialjacksonvillejaguarsp ... ersey/.The long-haired pivot, who joined the Alouettes midway through the CFL season and put up a 9-3 record as a starter, will be listed as the top quarterback in training camp next spring.With a full training camp under his belt, the Alouettes will see if he has what it takes to get them back to the Grey Cup game after a four-year absence. Jacksonville Jaguars Jerseys . Linemates Ryan Johansen and Boone Jenner each had a goal and an assist in the first period, and Sergei Bobrovsky made 36 saves to lead the Blue Jackets past the Florida Panthers 4-1 on Saturday night. Yannick Ngakoue Jersey . PAUL, Minn.MONTREAL -- Two-time major champion Li Na pulled out of the Rogers Cup and the U.S. Open on Thursday because of a knee injury she said has bothered her for several months. The only tennis player from China to win a Grand Slam singles title also withdrew from next months hard-court tournament in Cincinnati. "I wanted to let all of my great fans know that unfortunately I am going to have to withdraw from the upcoming WTA events in Montreal and Cincinnati, as well as the US Open," she said in a statement released by Tennis Canada. "Since March, I have been struggling with my knee and it is just not where I need it to be in order to play at the highest level. My medical team has advised me that I need to take some time off to rest my knee so it heals. "I look forward to getting back on the court this fall in Wuhan and Beijing." Li played in the last four editions of the Rogers Cup. In 2012, she reached the final in Montreal before falling to Petra Kvitova of the Czech Republic. As a result of the withdrawal, Eugenie Bouchard of Westmount, Quee.dddddddddddd, becomes the fifth seed at the Aug. 1-10 tournament at Uniprix Stadium. Shell get a first-round bye along with the other top eight seeds. Also Thursday, tournament organizers announced that Yvonne Meusburger of Austria will miss the event and American players Barbora Zahlavova Strycova and Alison Riske will enter the main draw. The official draw will be held Friday and the qualification rounds begin Saturday. Li did not specify which knee was injured, but she played with her right knee taped up at Wimbledon, her most recent tournament. The U.S. Open begins Aug. 25. Li won the Australian Open in January for her second major title. She also won the 2011 French Open. In May, Li lost in the first round of the French Open, beaten by a player ranked 103rd. At Wimbledon in June, Li bowed out in the third round. On Wednesday, 14-time major champion Rafael Nadal announced he hurt his right wrist in practice and would miss the Rogers Cup in Toronto and the Cincinnati event, although he holds out hope of defending his title at the U.S. Open. Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

Thu May 30, 2019 7:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]