View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 LONDON - With Roger Federer heading Group B when the ATP Wor 

LONDON - With Roger Federer heading Group B when the ATP World Tour Finals start Sunday, Canadas Milos Raonic is guaranteed another match against the Swiss star just days after beating him for the first time. The 23-year-old from Thornhill, Ont., qualified for the eight-man event after his strong performance last week at the Paris Masters. Raonic beat Federer in the quarter-finals for his first victory in seven career head-to-head meetings.It will be a brand new match, Raonic said of their round-robin opener at the O2 Arena.Raonic is one of three new faces in the singles field, along with Japans Kei Nishikori and Marin Cilic of Croatia.The difference between now and a regular tournament is that I have to find my best form from the get-go, Raonic said. This is a new challenge for me. I have to find a way to get my game going quickly for the first match.Reigning champion Novak Djokovic of Serbia is battling the second-ranked Federer for the year-end No.1 ranking at the Nov. 9-16 tournament. Switzerlands Stan Wawrinka, Britains Andy Murray and Tomas Berdych of the Czech Republic round out the field.If things dont go well for me in the first round-robin match, then Ill be disappointed, said Raonic, who felt the centre court was rather slow after his practice session Friday. But I have a team around me who will tell me, You have 48 hours to put the loss aside, find your level and do what you need to win the next one.Raonic, the world No. 8, set London as one of his top goals at the start of the season.Making it here signifies a relatively successful year, he said. This week is about trying to end the season on as much of an exclamation point as possible when facing other top guys in every match.The great thing about qualifying here was that I was able to produce my best tennis in Paris with my back to the wall. I was able to fight through and Im very happy with that. Physically Im running on adrenalin.Raonic was slowed by a virus last month but returned to form in Paris. He beat Berdych in the semifinals before falling in straight sets to Djokovic in the final.If Im to continue beating top players, I have to get a better understanding of what I need to do in specific situations, have a clearer vision about things, what I have to execute, he said.I need to stay more consistent in those tough situations.Torontos Daniel Nestor is competing in the mens doubles competition with Nenad Zimonjic of Serbia. They will open against Croatias Ivan Dodig and Marcelo Melo of Brazil on Sunday. Curtis Riley Jersey .J. - New York Giants cornerback Prince Amukamara left Monday nights game against the Indianapolis Colts with a torn biceps. Aldrick Rosas Jersey .C. -- Panthers offensive tackle Jordan Gross is saying goodbye to the NFL after 11 seasons. http://www.officialnewyorkgiantsfootbal ... sey-womens. Bowditch, the 30-year-old Australian seeking his first PGA Tour title, shot a 4-under 68 to reach 12 under at TPC San Antonio. Matt Kuchar and Andrew Loupe were tied for second. Kuchar shot 65, and Loupe had a 70. Carl Banks Jersey . Hargreaves began his career in 2008 with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers and has played with the Edmonton Eskimos and last season with the Saskatchewan Roughriders. Custom New York Giants Jerseys . One out away from finishing off an impressive shutout, they let a must-win game slip away.TORONTO - Cory Greenwood has a lot of catching up to do with the Toronto Argonauts.The Argos came to terms with the Canadian linebacker Tuesday, more than four years after taking him in the CFL draft. Toronto originally selected the Kingston, Ont., native third overall in 2010 but shortly afterwards he signed as a free agent with the NFLs Kansas City Chiefs.The six-foot-two, 235-pound Greenwood played three seasons with Kansas City, then joined the Detroit Lions, spending all of last season on injured reserve before being released.Just sitting through the meetings, its a different language, Greenwood said following his first practice with the Argos. Ive got so much to catch up on before Sunday, Im excited though.The Argos (7-9) visit the Montreal Alouettes (8-8) on Sunday afternoon in a key East Division contest as the winner will clinch a playoff berth.I dont know in what capacity theyre going to have me play . . . whatever my role is going to be Im just going to play, Greenwood said of Sundays game. I just need to get into the playbook and sink my teeth into it and justt learn that.ddddddddddddts a tight race. I just want to come in here and do whatever I can do to help.Greenwood, 29, played 48 games with Kansas City, registering 35 tackles, primarily on special teams. The six-foot-two 235-pound Greenwood captured the Presidents Trophy in 09 as Canadian university footballs top defensive player.The NFL stands for Not For Long, so even my first year I had no idea I was going to make the team, he said. You really have no idea when your time is going to expire down there.I feel like I was blessed to be able to play there, I learned a lot as far as techniques and stuff about the game that hopefully I can bring here and help this team win.Toronto also released defensive back Harold Mutabola from its practice roster.Cory was a top prospect when we drafted him in the first round in 2010 out of Concordia University, Argos GM Jim Barker said in a statement. He has since spent three years as a professional football player and we are excited to see the type of player he has become and how he will be able to contribute to our team. Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]