View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Another flip Jeep: 

12-26-11:
$900, gonna be $1400 or so just to get it home.

http://auc2.traauctions.com/kws/napplications/display_pics.aspx?Exit=Close&Stockid=1010762

1-14-12:
So this FINALLY showed up yesterday, went to the store to get some groceries at like 2pm, saw Danny the tow driver about a mile away from my house and I went "Hmmm, I wonder if there is gonna be a Jeep sitting in my driveway. I didn't get a call and they know they are supposed to call before dropping it off so I know its coming" Sure enough(and luckily) there it was sitting there in my driveway.

Now I can finally get started on it! Looks like it was a really nice jeep before whoever owned it last got it. It's got an aftermarket sunroof(which works thank gawd), has some sort of alarm(which I guess I just need to rip out since I have no remote or anything to go with it and I managed to lock myself out once already when trying to get power to it.

No battery at all, which is only slightly worse than having one that needs to be replaced. Tires are like almost new, that fuggin rocks, in the pictures the lighting made me think they might be down to something like 40% tread, but they are actually really new, wheels are also in really good shape, no need to repaint those.

It's got a K&N intake, a TB spacer, hood spacers(to clear the K&N and TB spacer. Unfortuneatly its got a cosmetic crinkle down by the airbox, with a stock airbox I don't think you would ever see it, but with this K&N is clear as day......so I might grab a stock airbox just so thats less obvious.

Otherwise the enterior is fuggin gross, yet another smokers car, ashes everywhere and but only a few cig burns. Gonna need a helluva cleaning, but it should come mostly clean.

It looks like someone locked themselves out at once point, and used something like a tire iron to pry the drivers door open to slip in a coathanger........so theres a bunch of ugly marks around the drivers door that I won't really be able to do anything about. Dumbass! When its something the driver sees all the time it will kinda bug you, but if they had done it on the passenger side you wouldn't really see it much, meaning it won't bother you much.

Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:41 pm

Looks like a semi-timely project, but at least you have nice rims and tires that go with it, which is a huge plus. I can’t wait to see the final results! 8-)

Member #3

2007 KJ
2000 XJ

Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:20 pm

Got the inner fender pulled...enough that its better, it aint perfect but fuggit, the Jeep has 190k miles on it. Got the new PS pump on along with a new serpentine belt and thermostat, new E-fan on and even a mechanical fan shroud!

All bolted down and good to go, now I only need to testfit and adjust the header, then shoot a little paint on it and the "repair" is done. Still need to do my outside detailing, and the rather arduous task of getting the interior cleaned up, I think I'm going to have about twice the time detailing the inside as I do in getting the outside done.

Drove it around in the culdesac a little bit today and it feels fine, still need a battery for it though. Does have really good tires which really ought to help it sell, tires sure do suck to have to deal with on a flip vehicle.

Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:29 pm

Got the interior cleaned up and back together, exterior back together, need to detail the exterior still, got my title today and temp plate, gonna grab an emissions test this week and then its up for sale this weekend.

Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:19 pm

took the for sale pictures today:

Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:23 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]