View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Project CRD MJ: 

Freerider came over and helped me burn on the seat brackets. Note the copper weld through primer I put down. It's a conductive primer so that you don't leave something as bare steel once you weld over it.

After that I cleaned the floor with Acetone and got to work with the POR15:

Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:30 am

This is my next project, its the TJ cluster I am using for my MJ, I had to order some more equipment for this unit. The 02-06 TJ and 02-07 KJ similar years of WJ have no external eeprom, so the method is a little different.

Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:30 am

Got the fuse box in place today and started laying out the interior harness's, The dash harness's and engine bay are easy enough to deal with since they pretty much sit in the same place for the MJ as the XJ. However the body harness is a little different, today I placed it in the cab as is and didn't like how it was working out since the harness was meant to work with the 4 door XJ.

I stripped out the rear door wiring for the courtesy light and power windows, as well as the rear overhead light wiring. I still need to pull out the speaker wiring, rear wiper, and defrost wiring. I also then need to figure out how to arrange the remainder of the rear light wiring. the plugs used at the back of the XJ behind the spare tire will reach part way, but are not weatherproof connectors so they really shouldn't be used under the bed as-is.

I stripped the harness wrap bare so I could move some things around, but I am attempting to avoid a million splices in the harness.

Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:31 am

Short video showing the interior harness work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1IF-AF5pLQ

Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5