View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 It hasn’t been easy for him 

As Antonio Brown tries to talk his way out of Pittsburgh Julian Love Jersey , he’s also potentially talking his way out of other possible NFL cities before he even arrives. Which could set the stage for a fight between player and team that will make the Eagles vs. T.O. look like a mild dinner-table disagreement.Although Brown has largely curtailed his social-media agitation since Mr. Big Chest met with the Steelers’ Mr. Big, Brown’s comments on HBO’s coupled with his remarks to ESPN will make it harder, not easier, for the Steelers to find a trade partner. Which will make it more likely that the Steelers eventually will give Brown the “play for us or play for no one” ultimatum, based by the leverage that comes from $11.4 million in unearned signing bonus money that Brown, if he chooses not to play for the Steelers, would have to repay.Brown nevertheless seems to be confident that the Steelers will take the best trade offer, from a team he finds suitable, that’s on the table before Brown’s $2.5 million roster bonus becomes due on March 17.“Why wouldn’t they not trade me?” Brown told ESPN. “They gotta pay me $2.5 million on March 17. If I invoice you March 17, $2.5 million that you gotta pay me, would you pay it or would you get somebody else to pay it? So it’s what — pretty much what’s good for their business. . . . They want to start a fresh offseason with no bad blood so their team could just focus on football. No distraction from any player. So I think they’ll get it done.”Although Steelers G.M. Kevin Colbert told this week that the team could pay the money and still trade Brown later, the Steelers could pursue other strategies. They could suspend him for conduct detrimental to the team, place him on the reserve/suspended list, take the position that he’s not on the roster http://www.giantsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-darius-slayton-jersey , and refuse to pay the money. They also could regard his comments about wanting out of Pittsburgh coupled with his remarks about not needing football as an indication that he intends to retire absent a trade, and they can place him on the reserve/retired list, forcing him to file a grievance based on the argument that he actually isn’t retired, and that he’s committed to playing for the Steelers.Or they could just pay the money and use it as added leverage to compel him to show up and play for the Steelers this year, since the $2.5 million would be added to the $11.4 million that he already has received but not earned.Brown seems to be banking on the team’s desire to turn the page on a potential distraction, and thus he’s willing to make as much of a distraction as possible in order to get the Steelers to move on, even if he resents being regarded as a distraction. Unless the planets align before March 17, with a team for which Brown is willing to play giving the Steelers what they want and giving Brown what he wants and being willing to assume the risk that a guy who says “if they wanna play, they going to play by my rules” means what he says, the Steelers will have to decide whether to pay Brown the money and keep trying to trade him or pay Brown the money and ultimately keep him, even if he doesn’t want to stay, with a plan to embrace the distraction and use the $13.9 million in unearned pay as leverage to get him to realize how good he has it and move forward.However it plays out, Brown is openly daring the Steelers to play hardball. At some point, maybe they will. ORCHARD PARK Quinnen Williams Jersey , N.Y. (AP) — Bills coach Sean McDermott described the reason the team cut Robert Foster last month as being a wakeup call for the rookie receiver.Looking back, Foster fully acknowledges it was a message received loud and clear now that he’s back on the roster after two days of being unemployed followed by a two-week stint on the practice squad.“I needed it. I needed to be cut because at the end of the day, it helped me,” Foster said Wednesday. “It made me work on things that I needed to work on. It made me do a lot more things that I could do to benefit the team.”Evidence of how motivated he’s become was apparent following the formal end of practice.Rather than head straight to the locker room to pal around with his teammates as he did in the past, Foster, first, spent extra time catching passes from rookie starter Josh Allen. He then worked on running routes against a defensive back, before spending yet another 10 minutes catching one ball after another being spit out by a Jugs machine.It’s not that Foster wasn’t doing enough post-practice work before he was cut. It’s more like he wasn’t doing any.“That’s the thing, I wasn’t doing some of the things that I’m doing now,” he said. “That’s why I say I try to embrace it all now.”The payoff is showing up on the field.In his first game back on the active roster, Foster caught a 47-yard pass from journeyman backup Matt Barkley on the first play from scrimmage, and finished with three catches for 105 yards in a 41-10 win at the New York Jets on Nov. 11. He became Buffalo’s first player to top 100 yards receiving in 13 months.Foster followed that up last weekend with a two-catch, 94-yard outing in a 24-21 win over Jacksonville which he punctuated with a 75-yard touchdown reception from Allen. The completion was the longest by the Bills since Week 2 of the 2016 season, and longest by a rookie quarterback in team history.Having already learned a lesson in humility and enjoying a rare shot at a second chance http://www.jetsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-jachai-polite-jersey , Foster deflected a question regarding his level of confidence.“I’m a rookie. Anything can happen,” he said. “So I’m trying to make sure I’m not comfortable.”Foster was undrafted out of Alabama, where he won two national titles while seeing limited playing time in finishing his college career with 35 catches for 389 yards and three touchdowns in 19 games.He had two things going for him when it came to signing with Buffalo.The first was his speed. Foster’s time of 4.41 seconds in the 40-yard dash at the NFL rookie combine was tied for third with Antonio Callaway, who was drafted in the fourth round by Cleveland.The second was Foster’s connection to Buffalo in newly hired offensive coordinator Brian Daboll, who spent last season serving in the same role at Alabama.“I’m proud of him. It hasn’t been easy for him, really, growing up to where he is now,” Daboll said. “He’s been through a lot, and that’s a sign of a mentally tough person to be able to fight through adversity.”McDermott didn’t mince words when outlining his decision to cut Foster.“This is life in the NFL, you’re not on scholarship, and some guys need to understand that,” he said. “Some players have it. Some players it takes a little bit more time. Some players, unfortunately, never get it.”McDermott was pleased by how the 24-year-old responded.“He’s earning the right to get playing time Chuma Edoga Jersey , and he’s made the most of his opportunities since coming back,” he said.The Bills (4-7), who play at Miami (5-6) on Sunday, have placed an emphasis on speedy young receivers, such as Foster and another newcomer, Isaiah McKenzie, to complement Allen’s strong arm.Whereas at Alabama, Foster was mostly asked to simply outrun defenders, he credited Bills position coach Terry Robiskie for helping him learn to become a well-rounded receiver.Though he’s back on the roster, Foster pretends he’s still on the practice squad to remind himself how close he came to having his career end before it nearly began.“Don’t take anything for granted,” Foster said. “I could’ve been gone, right?”

Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]