View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Malwarebytes Privacy VPN service 
Malwarebytes Privacy is a "next-gen VPN" according to the announcement on the company blog that "helps protect your privacy and your personal information when you go online". The company claims that the VPN is "much faster than traditional VPNs", does not slow down devices and uses less battery on portable devices.

Malwarebytes states that its VPN service does not collected user logs or Telemetry data and that user data remains private, even from the company itself.

As far as basic information is concerned, Malwarebytes Privacy is only available for Windows 7 and newer versions of Windows at the time of writing. Malwarebytes is working on clients for Apple Macintosh, Apple iOS, Google Android, and Chrome devices but did not reveal when it plans to release the clients.

nterested users may sign up for €49.99 per year and use the VPN on up to five devices. A trial option is not available at the time of writing and the product page lacks vital information that users interested in the service may need to make a buying decision.

Information that is missing includes the number of supported locations and servers, confirmation that bandwidth/traffic is not restricted, details about the technical implementation other than that 256-bit AES encryption is used, and more.

The settings provided in the client are bare-bones at the time. You get auto-launch and auto-connection options, but that is it. The program lacks advanced features such as a kill switch, custom DNS settings, additional protections, e.g. blocking of known malware hosts, and others.

Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:31 pm
When I need privacy, I just go to proxy-store.com. This is a simple and easy way to access high-quality Internet resources. Hot videos are just one of the varieties. There are excellent proxies for gamers, for example, and this is also very popular) I stopped using standard VPN applications since I found a proxy.

Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]